02 September 2008

having a rest

Things haven't been going as planned. Work has been really busy, I've been waking up with my feet still sore from the previous shift and feeling too tired to do anything but eat-work-sleep. It's a vicious circle as then I get more down and feel more tired....eat more biscuits! And the whole thing starts again!

How do other people keep their levels of motivation so high?

The events are lining up for September and I know that I haven't done nearly enough training. There is nothing that I can do about it now. I need to make sure this doesn't happen again. Unfortunately I've come to realise that I'm someone who needs routine and my current job certainly doesn't give me that.

So I really should be feeling positive. I have a new job that will give regular hours, friends that want to go biking and running and when I put everything into perspective life really isn't that bad at all.

No comments: