23 November 2008

more birthday celebrations


I know I'm really dragging this out but I got to celebrate being a giffer again this weekend. Out to dinner with friends then back to ours for more booze and talking absolute nonsense into the wee hours. We are all getting old. Gone are the days of pushing on through until lunch time and trying to buy wine at 7.30am from the paper shop. Everyone had left, our house was tidy and we were tucked up in bed by 3am.

Managed to get out for a slow and steady run this morning, feeling a bit fuzzy. Winter sun and tree lined avenues, sometime road running isn't that bad. Now we're off into town now for round two, I don't think my kidneys can take any more....

3 comments:

sarah said...

I generally try to celebrate a birthday *week* rather than just a day ;)

jumbly said...

3am that's a late night, give it another 5 years and you'll be tucked up in bed by midnight!

kate said...

yeh, i'm having more of a birthday month. seeing my dad on thursday and that will be the end of it-i promise!!

i secretly can't wait til we can all go to bed at sensible o'clock :)