17 September 2009

work made me think

nearly finished my week of corporate induction. some bits have been less boring than others but today brought back some strong feelings. after lunch we had a session on 'care of the dying'. i'd forgotten quite how f**king angry i felt (and still feel) about the treatment my nan received....hopefully i can use this somehow, be more understanding, compassionate, or even caring for f**ks sake.

post work, my lovely coach made me put my trainers on and get out running. 5 miles later, less angry and no longer ruminating. we then went to sainsburys, played calorie top trumps, bulk bought jelly babies, lucozade, chocolate milk and an obscene amount of beef.

8 comments:

ultra collie said...

those ingredients will make for an interesting cake ;)
good luck tomorrow..im up near there..but on the rides at blackpool, geting down with the kids:)

kate said...

uc- yeh, we looked like a couple with a very weird eating disorder! .....sat. is just a 'training' run ;)
enjoy the rides

trio said...

So what adventure is that food for?

kate said...

trio- sweet stuff for this weekend and rab mountain marathon next weekend. beef is for a massive recovery curry and is going to feed my visiting dad next week. we're very organised ;)

Red Bike said...

Best of luck with the marathons Kate (and Jane).

I'm already looking forward to reading all about them!

Pedalling Polarcherry said...

good luck for the mm. i've always admired people who do those.

mmmm sweets & beef

starfish264 said...

Ooooh - sounds like there's some exciting adventures coming up - hope they're fab and you can find the time and energy to enjoy the experience. Will look forward to reading all about it.

As for treatment of the dying - it seems to vary so much - I've heard of efforts made that seriously bought a tear to my eye, but my personal experiences with my mum convince me otherwise - at least you've got a chance to make an impact - that's a great thing.

kate said...

thanks for that comment starfish :)