25 August 2010

dancing shoes

august has been a wet month. i'm not complaining about muddy trails or slippery roots, i wouldn't know, i've not ventured further than the offy. the past few weeks have drifted by in a boozy haze. who knew shouting europe's 'the final countdown' could be so much fun, or drinking shots through ridiculously long straws is in fact hilarious.
Tina Turner
things are starting to wobble again and the thought of lycra makes me run away screaming. a self imposed detox is to begin-which basically means no mid week booze, no crisps or chocolate to be consumed whilst on the sofa and no baking until...september.

...thanks for the photo lizzy. not my shoes by the way.

10 comments:

vdubber67 said...

Are those the new SIDI dancing shoes?

;)

ultra collie said...

damn..you prick my conscience too..i was trying to ignore my excesses..just one last go ;-)

kate said...

vdubber- yup, for indoor use only

uc-new life starts tomorrow ;)

Groover said...

My first thought: those shoes looked odd on her! LOL

It's good to have some time out and take the other side of life to the edge for a bit ... enjoy.

You did like winter-riding, didn't you?

kate said...

groover- nearly broke my ankle trying to do a tina turner impression ;) winter, pah, we've still got a few weeks of summer....please...

Simon said...

Now, stick with me here, but I do THE BEST Tina Turner impression...

kate said...

simon- now this i have to see. we'll have a tina-off next ride!

sbrt said...

You will have to change the name of your blog. Tea Cake & tequila

Runningbear said...

Real purrdy feet Kate.

kate said...

sbrt- hmmm, maybe i'll make a tequila cake!
rb- don't they show off my black toe nails real lovely.