31 December 2008

looking back

When it's been good it's been bloody fantastic. Definite highlights include the Dyfi Enduro-best bike ride of the year, being (a small) part of Simon's successful Bob Graham Round-a humbling experience, the Langdale Horseshoe-a fantastic route with everything a fell race needs and the LAMM-Jane's first ever event and our first event together. In fact the best thing to happen this year is Jane taking up running and beginning to dabble in the odd bit of cycling. Oh, and of course the arrival of Blackie! And then there was the winter camping with my brother, the summer bivi on Green Gable, the Tuesday night rides...

At times I've become quiet frustrated with myself and my inability to remain focused and motivated. This has been obvious in the inconsistent training and occasional binge racing. But family stuff and work aside all in all I've had far more good days than bad. Have a happy and adventurous new year folks......





2 comments:

sarah said...

Happy New Year!!!

trio said...

Happy New Year, I look forward to reading about your adventures in 2009! Sounds to me you had a good year, motivation is always going to come and go so don't worry about that!